Monday, January 7, 2013

Half-Marathon Training: Any Idiot Can Run



I must say that, that is a very beautiful quote. I think, to a lot of people, running a half-marathon,or even running at all when there is nothing chasing you, is simply an idiot's idea of... FUN?!! I tell people I am training and some say: "Awesome!" and they really mean it, whilst others say: "Uhm... awesome?... Why? Is it for a cause?"

And though it is nice for those who have the opportunity to run for a cause, however, for me, I run because I like it. No, wait, correction... I run because I LOVE IT!

There is really no way to explain the joy and exhilaration that comes from running. You fall in love with the rhythm of your feet.
The sound of your breathing.
The movement.
The release.
Its an amazing feeling.

Sometimes the runs hurt and take more effort.
Other times the runs are all a beautiful experience.
But all the time, at the end of a run, I always feel a wonderful sense of release, happiness, confidence and accomplishment.

Yes, to me, running is fun!

I run in the rain. I run in the snow. I push through the wind and sweat it out in the scorching sun.

Of course if you are a new runner... your runs, at first, may feel more like a session of torture. But as you build your endurance and find your stride, running sessions become a strange and beautiful kind of pleasure.

So, I signed p to run the Den Hague ABN AMRO Half-Marathon on the 10th of March 2012. I am currently in week 3 of official training and its going real great.

Week1 and Week 2 were really good. They are all distances I am comfortable with running but, I think from week4, the long run distances will become a bit more of a challenge. In week 1, the run was supposed to be 4.4miles. But, well, i didn't "empty the tank" before heading out and I was feeling horrible by the first mile, I had to turn back. *Blush*

Note-To-Self: ALWAYS empty the tank before a run.

haha!

oh and also I ran my fastest km of 5:50 on thursday. YAY!

I hope everyone is doing great and that you are enjoying 2013 so far.
I definitely am :).

Below you can see my training schedule from week 1 and week 2.





61 MORE DAYS!!

Have a great start of the week.

Xx

Rati

No comments:

Post a Comment