Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chocolate Orange Brownies || Spring Treats




First, let me just begin with saying CHOCOLATE. That should be enough of a reason for you to make this recipe.

Second, just look at this picture.(Trust me, it tastes even better than it looks).


Third. The taste of chocolate and orange mix is incredible!


I found this recipe on Sorted Food's Youtube channel. (You can check them out here). I had to try it out! The recipe is on point and so yummy. It is a perfect treat for this beautiful spring weather.

When I was making this recipe, my original intention was to make a video of it. But silly me, I forgot to charge the camera and I had already started the baking process so I couldn't turn back. You can watch the video of my Failed attempt at filming this process by clicking here!


The marble effect of this brownie is made by the cheesecake filling on top. So in essence, this brownie recipes is a two-in-one master piece of cheesecake AND brownies. It will give you a taste-gasm. Yes, I said it, a Taste-gasm. Your mouths will thank me.

I have listed the ingredients and instructions below for you!. Enjoy this yummy treat :).

Ingredients: 12 Squares
The Brownie Goodness:
  • butter (140g)
  • dark chocolate (200g)
  • caster sugar (225g)
  • 1 tsp of vanilla essence
  • 2 eggs
  • plain flour (60g)
  • cocoa (60g) 
The CheeseCake Toping:
  • cream cheese (75g)
  • caster sugar (50g)
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • plain flour (75g)
  • 1 orange 


Instructions:
For the Brownie Layer:

  1. Preheat the Oven to 170°C and line the baking pan with parchment paper.
  2. Slowly the butter, and sugar together either in the microwave or over the stove. Be sure to continue stirring everything all together as it melts. Then leave to cool a little.
  3. Mix the eggs and vanilla together. Then add to the melted chocolate mixture whilst stirring. miix until it is smooth and glossy.
  4. Add the flour and cocoa to the mixture.
  5. Pour into the lined baking pan.
For the Cheesecake Layer:
  1. Mix the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
  2. add the orange zest to the egg and mix into the cream cheese mixture
  3. Add the flour to the mixture and stir until smooth
  4. Put the mixture onto the brownie mixture in tablespoon blobs.
  5. Using a knife, move the mixture around to create a marble effect.
  6. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes




Let me know in the comments below if you´ve tried this recipe!
Please also check out my youtube channel at www.youtube.com/RatiZv . I post a video every Monday and sometimes twice a week on Thursdays. :)


Enjoy!

Xx

Rati

No comments:

Post a Comment