Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Road Trip to Germany || #Summer



A week ago I was lucky enough to go on a fun impromptu road trip from Eindhoven in the Netherlands through to the Cologne and Bonn areas in Germany. I love travelling, road trips and little spontaneous getaways. I went away for 4 days both by carpooling/hitchhiking and trains.


On the first day, I arrived in Cologne and it was pouring. Of course, as my luck would have it, I didn't have my umbrella or any cover from the rain. But it didn't spoil my good mood. I have been to Cologne before, but I still spent several hours rediscovering the city exploring the city a little bit.




Day two of the trip was really fun. We woke up with the intention to go another city by train, but on the way there, we saw a broken castle up on a hill/mountain and decided to get off the next train stop (Konigwinter) to climb to the top.

It was the best idea ever!!! 






I was not wearing hiking clothes or shoes, the road was muddy and halfway to the top it started raining SO MUCH! We were lucky to be near a shed and had to wait under it for about 30 minutes. It was hilarious. Just imagine ten adults huddled under a small shed to stay somewhat dry!




After the rain stopped, we continued on up. The views were amazing! The river Rhine is beautiful. We got to the top and took pictures and just took in the amazing view.





The next day, we went on a 3 hour hiking adventure in Bad Honnef at the nature park near to where we were staying. I absolutely love hiking. The feeling of getting to the top and being lost and surrounded by nature is so exhilarating to me.




On the final day early in the morning I headed back to Cologne by train. From there I connected with a
driver for carpooling back to Eindhoven. On this trip I  used BlaBlaCar.com for carpooling for the first time and its really great!



Germany is beautiful! I can't wait to go on another road trip to see other parts of it. Berlin is on my Wishlist!

My summer this year has been a fun adventure and its still going. I literally have no plans but everyday something fun and new happens. I have not been bored at all. Like Louis from FunForLouis would say, "Peace out, Enjoy Life and Live the Adventure"!

How is your summer going so far? What are you keeping busy with?

I love hearing from you in the comments!

Xx

Rati :)


No comments:

Post a Comment