Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sweet Potato Pancakes


I love me some sweet potatoes! They are seriously scrumptious! I love them baked, roasted, twice baked and also most recently as a pancake. Yes, you read correctly, in pancake form! There are some days when I  want a simple filling brunch and these just do it for me. the best part is they can either be eaten sweet or savory. I personally prefer them savory, with a side of vegges, Sriracha hot sauce and yummy gravy. 

This recipe is so easy. It really is fool proof. You can't mess up. It so easy that there really are only two main ingredients. But of course to give the pancakes an extra kick I add a couple of spices.

Yeilds 4 pancakes
What you will need:
  • 100g baked sweet potato
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
  • a pinch of salt



What to do:
  1. Bake the sweet potato. To do this, poke the sweet potato all over with a fork. Wrap it up in foil. and leave it n the oven at 200C/400F for about 50 minutes or until cooked through. A knife should easily pierce the potato all the way through.
  2. Once the potato is cool, peel the skin off and mash it with a fork in a bowl until smooth. 
  3. Mix in two eggs.
  4. Add the spice and salt.
  5. On a lightly oiled/buttered pan, place a quarter of the batter. Cook on medium heat until golden brown then flip it over to cook the other side.
  6. Serve whilst hot ;).




Although I love this dish savory, it is equally as delicious sweet. For a sweet version I would serve it with strawberries and blueberries and smother the pancakes with maple syrup. So yummy :D :)

I hope you enjoy this recipe and experiment with serving it either sweet or savory.

Xx

Rati

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I LOVE sweet potatoes!!! I just had some the other day! This was definitely a creative way to make them. Hopefully I'll try them sometime soon. xx Tawana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Tell me how you like the recipe when you try these.
      Xx

      Delete
  2. Great content material and great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. postura genova

    ReplyDelete