Thursday, January 23, 2014

240 hours in Zimbabwe || Christmas in Africa - [Part 3]



On my last Saturday, my family and I went to the Lion and Cheetah Park close to the capital city, Harare. I was so excited to go and see the lions and the wildlife. Contrary to popular belief, in Africa, you don't walk outside and see wild animals (well.... not normally). You actually have to go to a game-park or safari to see animals such as lions, cheetahs and giraffes.



We left the house quite late that day as the park isn't so far from where we live. We arrived at around 3pm.


Well we only got out for a little bit ;)


To be honest we only got out of our car because we were given permission by the park guard keeper. He was standing right there just in case anything wrong happened. Also the lions were behind the fence. We were pretty safe.






The park also had a wildlife area with different animals like zebras, ostriches and warthogs.








This turtle is called Tommy. He is a South American turtle who is over 250 years old! How amazing is that?! At the end of the day we watched him walk himself from the water pond, which he likes to hangout in, to his little hut-like home.


Just before leaving, my brother, sister and I found an abandoned truck. We all know that when you find an abandoned truck in the wild, YOU MUST PLAY WITH IT!
And we did.
Trust me, we took so many pictures on that truck.


My last Sunday in Zimbabwe was on the 29th of December. My brother, sister and I went to the Avondale Flea Market in Harare. At this market you can buy mostly new things ranging from clothes, toys, artwork and jewelry. We walked around for a bit and bought some things. 



My last day in Zimbabwe was the 30th of December. I had a long flight ahead, with torturous layovers. My first stop was from Harare to Johannesburg, where I had a 7 hour layover. Then I went from Johannesburg to Cairo and had a 5 hour layover. Then finally I arrived in Amsterdam on the 31st of December at 2pm (Phew!).


My 10 days in Zimbabwe were absolutely amazing. I loved spending time with my family, seeing all my cousins and aunts; as well as going to the Lion and Cheetah Park. It was such a good time.

I hope you enjoyed viewing my trip to Zimbabwe.

You can see PART 1 were I visit the villages in Masvingo and PART 2 were I visit the villages in Nyanga.

Leave me a comment or share this post if you liked it.

Xx

Rati :)

No comments:

Post a Comment